The Aims and Objectives of the Charity are fourfold
1) Raising Awareness & Reducing Stigma
- Create greater awareness of the causes of suicide and the prevalence of suicide amongst young persons.
- Raise awareness of the problem in schools and encourage students to talk about the problem with their teachers, family and friends.
- Work to remove the stigma of mental illness. It affects the brightest and most brilliant people in our land, and has no regard for background or circumstances.
- Help parents, teachers and others in close contact with young people, recognise and understand the symptoms and dangers of depression and anxiety.
- Encourage schools and universities to put a similar emphasis on the danger of depression and suicide as they do on drugs and sex.
- Advance education into the causes of depression and suicide.
3) Increase Available Help
- Strive to ensure young people know where to turn for help when depressed or anxious, and make help-lines easily accessible and available to them.
- Help provide resources for counseling and psychotherapy.
- Promote research into the causes and prevention of suicide amongst young persons.